Thursday, July 25, 2013

Bump @ 34 Weeks

Baby Jenks receives a smooch from his #1 babysitter, my baby sister.

Nothing much to report here, just wanted to post a more recent bump photo. This was taken at my little brother Jake's 18th birthday party on Sunday July 7th. 

Okay, two things.

One: When Jake was born, I was in the delivery room. I was 16 and the experience left quite an impression (and is possibly the reason I "maintained my purity" longer than most, ahem). It was far less dramatic than I had imagined. Not sure if this was because he was #5 or they had perfected the epidural by then, but the day was pretty relaxed. All 5 of us were born at Stanford Hospital and it means a lot that Mike and I are continuing the tradition.

Two: Samantha - my sister who is 10 years younger than I - is quite possibly more excited for the arrival of this baby than Mike and I combined. She loves kids and kids love her. Honestly? Whenever I start to get the tiniest bit anxious, just thinking about her with the little one puts my nerves to rest. If I don't know what to do, she will. And, more importantly, she will infuse whatever the moment is with pure joy. Sharing this experience with her, from appreciating tiny socks to choosing nursery drapes, will be something I will always cherish. 

Next post will feature the nursery! XO 

2 comments:

  1. This is such a 1. beautiful picture of you, Samantha and baby Jenks and 2. such a beautiful thing you are sharing with your little sis. Love you! xo

    ReplyDelete