Thursday, June 6, 2013

"Are you sure?"

There are three items that I would like to make permanent in the blogosphere, before I forget. 

1) In case he ever asks, Baby Jenks attended three concerts whilst in utero. 
  • The first, Vampire Weekend at the Fox Theater in Oakland on Wednesday the 17th of April. I wore heels, bad move. 
  • The second, The Killers at Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco on Sunday the 28th of April. We had great seats and, as I settled in with my cookie and Sprite, our neighbors lit up a huge joint. I had to flee the scene. We spent the rest of the concert standing toward the back of the main floor bobbing our heads. 
  • The third, Fleetwood Mac at HP Pavilion in San Jose on Wednesday the 22nd of May. I had a major cold / allergy thing going on, but that didn't slow you down from moving and grooving.

[that's you and me, kid, headed to FM]

2) Last night, I took a girlfriend out to dinner for her birthday. European restaurants are great as there is generally no judgment and, in some cases, even some encouragement to have a little wine with food. When I ordered a glass of red, the waitress asked, "Are you sure?" We agreed upon a half glass. I wish I had said something. But I am new at this and don't quite have my sea legs.

3) Your dad is freaking out. When I came home from the baby shower on Sunday, I sorted all of your gifts. When he came home from a round of golf and a few rounds of beers, he saw the spread of tiny items, went into the office with the cat, began stroking him, and repeated this mantra: "Lots of changes, Mookie. Lots of changes happening around here. Lots of changes." Since then, he has hung all his concert memorabilia in the garage and, yesterday, installed a TV there too. I will continue to keep a watchful eye on him. 

4) Okay - a few more bits. You are moving around like crazy! I even have a video of my stomach doing the wave. Creepy, but keep it up. I like to be reminded you are acrobatic. Yesterday, I picked-up my cap and gown (and hood!) for grad school commencement. I felt all the undergrads looking at you and desperately wanted to shout, "This is what your future looks like! Bwahahahaha."

No comments:

Post a Comment